Online Pathology Information.
Welcome to nPOD online pathology
All scientific investigators have access to our password protected online pathology site. On this site, you will be able to view whole slide scanned images of H&E and IHC stained tissue sections for each nPOD donor. These images are created using an Aperio ScanScope CS system. To gain access to these images, please follow the instructions below.
Apply for an nPOD username and password
To request a username and password, please fill out our password request form. You may be contacted by a nPOD staff member to verify your identity and establish eligibility. We make every effort to respond to nPOD inquiries within two business days.
A reminder of the nPOD password eligibility policy: nPOD will provide Aperio passwords to those that meet one of the three following requirements:
- 1) Requester is an author or co-author on a scientific, peer-reviewed publication
- 2) Requester is affiliated with an academic institution, as evidenced by an email address ending in .edu or similar international indicator
- If neither requirement (1) nor (2) are met, requester must submit a written justification explaining the desire for access.
For Mac Users, WebViewer will be automatically launched to help you view the images.
For PC Users, please download and install free Aperio ImageScope software.
ImageScope is an excellent image viewing program and is highly recommended.
To install ImageScope (Windows only), click on the icon below, fill out the form, and save the program to your desktop. Users will use the default image viewing program.
After downloading, double-click on the file which should launch and install the latest version automatically.
Login to the secure nPOD Online Pathology website by clicking on the ‘User Login’ button after entering the assigned username and password.
Please note: nPOD’s Online Pathology Server has moved (June 26, 2018). Please use the above link to access the database and update your bookmark.
Instructions for Navigating Slides with Spectrum and Aperio ImageScope
The Aperio Imagescope viewer allows in depth viewing of scanned slides. Navigating the slide is also relatively easy. The nPOD Online Pathology User Guide (PDF) will highlight many of the key navigational controls and provide detailed instructions on viewing donor data and slides.
If you have any questions, please first read the help instructions before contacting nPOD.
nPOD Online Pathology 101 Webinar
For more information on what can be found in nPOD’s Online Pathology database and how to best utilize it, please view the following webinar videos.
- 2018 Updated Aperio Tutorial Webinar (June 28, 2018)
- Power Point Presentation, November 16, 2016 (Maria Beery & Dr. Irina Kusmartseva)
- Online Pathology 101 Webinar Presentation, April 25, 2013 (Dr. Martha Campbell-Thompson)
- Streaming Video (Online Pathology Demonstration), April 25, 2013
- Video Download (Online Pathology Demonstration), April 25, 2013
- Streaming Video (Image Analysis), March 5, 2014- BioImageXD Software Demo
- Video Download (Image Analysis), March 5, 2014- BioImageXD Software Demo