Announcing Speakers & Call for Abstracts
We are both pleased and honored to announce that the following speakers have already been confirmed for the 2017 JDRF nPOD Annual Scientific Meeting, which will be held February 19-22, 2017 at the Fort Lauderdale Marriott Harbor Beach Resort & Spa.
We also look forward to hearing from you, our Investigators, at the Annual Meeting!
Indeed, we encourage all Investigators to submit abstracts of ground breaking type 1 diabetes research for this meeting, especially those utilizing nPOD resources or other human samples. Last year saw a record-breaking number of abstract submissions and we anticipate even more this year. Approximately 20 abstracts will be selected for oral presentation during the meeting, with all submitted abstracts presented during the Poster Session which will be held on Tuesday, February 21, 2017.
Please use this template to prepare abstracts and email them to Investigator Coordinator Amanda Myers at email@example.com. The deadline for abstract submission is October 14, 2016. Information regarding registration, hotel and travel logistics will be distributed shortly. We are excited to have you as part of the event and look forward to seeing you there!
SUNDAY, FEBRUARY 19, 2017
WORKING GROUP MEETINGS: 8:00am-5:15pm
- Stefany Shaheen, author of Elle and Coach
MONDAY, FEBRUARY 20, 2017
GEORGE EISENBARTH MEMORIAL LECTURE:
- Anette-Gabriele Ziegler, MD – Technische Universität München
LESSONS FROM OTHER AUTOIMMUNE DISEASES:
- Bana Jabri, MD, PhD – University of Chicago
- Angela Christiano, PhD – Columbia University
- Joseph Bass, MD, PhD – Northwestern University
- Alex Marson, MD, PhD – University of California San Francisco
- Carolin Daniel, PhD – Helmholtz Zentrum München
- Todd Brusko, PhD – University of Florida
TUESDAY, FEBRUARY 21, 2017
nPOD PLENARY LECTURE:
- Markus Grompe, MD – Oregon Health & Science University
β CELLS/STEM CELLS:
- Jake Kushner, MD – Baylor College of Medicine
- Dieter Egli, PhD – Columbia University
- Matthias Hebrok, PhD – University of California San Francisco
MEET THE PROFESSOR:
- Åke Lernmark, PhD – Lund University
WEDNESDAY, FEBRUARY 22, 2017
THE ISLETS/PANCREAS IN TYPE 1 DIABETES:
- Edward Phelps, PhD – École polytechnique fédérale de Lausanne
- Bart Roep, PhD – City of Hope National Medical Center
- Scott Oakes, MD – University of California San Francisco